Pages

Friday, March 12, 2010

Big Reveal: Our Living Room!

My good friend and partner in all things goofy, Hayley has been posting comments with exclamation marks (!) about seeing our little Living room as a whole. Well missy and the rest of the blogging world, with out further wait here is our living room
It's not much, but it is ours. I love what we have done with it. Our little DIY end table, our cheap-o art, our wedding pics, candles galore, comfy pillows, a warm throw blanket and a couple of touches that make it perfectly, J&K. It's not much and believe me we need all the help we can get so if you see anything that you think could be altered please feel free to comment! Also, we are adding color, when we can. Maybe a green throw pillow or maybe a yellow rug...we will see!
Side note: I do notice the lamp cords....argh...I hate them, but I have no way to hide them. If any one has any tips I'd love to hear them!
Announcement: This Sunday, March 14...Josh will be 24! Yes...his birthday is the mathematical pie, get it? 3.14...get it? I always have thought that was cool...anywho, I just wanted for J to have a Happy B-day Blog! So here are the top 10 attributes that I love about Yoshie.
1. I do most of the cleaning which is fine by me, I love it. But, I hate two things...emptying the trash and the dishwasher. We do not have a dishwasher so it only cuts my "I hate to do this" list back to one. J always empties the trash for me and I appreciate it so much! I just feel like ecoli is just jumping onto my skin when I walk to the dumpster. Thank you Josh!

2. He sings too! Even though he would hate to admit it Josh sings his thoughts. For example, he forgot his backpack the other day and had to come back and get it. He came and sang, "I forgot my back pack, I've got hurry, got my back pack now, off to work, ok I'm gone" hahahahahaha!

3. He will changes lyrics of songs to say Kelsey. It's really funny, for example, There's an old Marvin Gaye song called "Gotta Give it Up". It's basically about partying to much and giving it up to settle down, but it has the best beat. Anywho, there's one part where Marvin sings "Taste of Hooooooooooney" and Josh always says "Taste of Keeeelllllseeey" that's only one there is plenty more and I love it!

4. Instead of telling me he loves me, Josh often says "Your such a nerd" dork or weird-o, I love those little terms of endearment he feeds me!

5. Josh can pop and lock (I guess that's how you would say it) his butt better than any dancer I've ever seen! He also does this funny thing with his legs...I can't explain it but it is hilarious.

6. One of my favorite childhood stories about Josh is when he was throwing a ball in his grandmother's house and she asked him to stop because he would break her fine china. Josh thought she said (sorry if this is graphic) vagina and was so embarrassed. hahahahaha!

7. He tries to encourage me in my Wii attempts. I love to play Wii but my age is like 80 and I'm terrible. But, after a strike out or a 40-luv loss, he always says you're getting better!

8. He talks to our fish, Calypso. "Good morning little guy!" I heard him say that today!

9. He lets me scare him. I'll hide behind the door when he comes in, behind the bar or in the closet and then I'll fly out like a mad woman and scare the crap out of him! He always laughs and says "What are you doing?".

10. He let's me call him names like: J, Yoshua, Yoshie, Joshua, Hosh, Joshulia, Josh-o Washington (He calls me Kels-o Washington) and so on.
Bottom Line, January 9, 2010 was the best day of my life. I married a dude who balances his maturity with my immaturity, secretly sings, has dances offs, calls me out, lifts me up, will sing our favorite SNL skit theme song with me all the time (Ohhhhhhhhhhweeeeeeeeeee, What up wit that? What up wit that?) most of all he pushes me to the throne of grace that I might experience my Savior in every possible way, to love people as He loved and be an image of Christ. He always says..."It's what we are called to be." I don't even think he realizes he says that a lot. I'm thankful for you Josh, your my best friends.
This picture was taken after a week of camp and on our first date to Rainforest Cafe, I knew he was the one after this night...if I'm lyin' I'm dyin. Happy Birthday!!! I LOVE YOU!!! Don't leave...or...I'll find you!!! Inside joke. Happy Weekend everyone!

3 comments:

  1. Cute. I'd add a big wicker basket under your table to put magazines and throws in. That will hide the cords plus serve a purpose.

    Happy Birthday, Josh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hayley, I know! That story cracks me up!
    Les, Thanks! We totally agree! We are going to have been saving for a coffee table and will probally get something soon. After that, on to the wicker basket! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete