Pages

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Floatin'

Our newly wedded bliss is still rollin' and even more so since our wedding pictures arrived! Last week, J and I were so thrilled to hang our new floating shelves with a few pics of the wedding sitting a-top them. I headed out, list in hand, in search of...you guessed it...votives! A long with frames and a vase. We needed these to give our living room just a little extra bit of fun and pop. After heading to Kohl's (gift card) , Wally World and Hob Lob I had everything needed for our new addition to our Living Room.
When J got home we hopped at the chance to get everything hung and in place. Before he hung them I wanted to see how everything was going to be placed on the shelves and so I had it all laid out against our couch so he could get a good look.Price Check:
1. Picture Frames: $3.00 a piece! We went super cheap! In fact, the lady at Wal-Mart tried to tell me they were $4.00 dollars and she sent someone to check and they came back as $3.00. Total $12.37 for frames

2. Vase: Wal-Mart has this new line of housewares out called RH Designs. This vase was from that line and was only $10.00. Cheap! O yea!

3. Votives: The taller hurricane was actually part of a gift card from Kohl's along with the candle. We used rice as a filler as we always do, cheap, cheap, cheap. The two votives were for sale for .75 cents at Wally World and saved us a whole .20 cents from our usual .95 cent purchase!

4. Paper and Pictures: For our 2 8x10 wedding pics, J and I used a coupon we received from our photographer and saved a bundle. Then we used paper from Hob Lob to fill the other two frames, this is also known as cheap art.

After our general moving and shifting of objects J hung our shelves and we are so please with the outcome!




As you can see, the hurricane we purchased with our Kohl's gift card didn't make the cut. Sadly it was way to heavy for the lower shelf so we had to make and executive decision. Sorry Hurricane.

What do you guys think? You know we are always eager to hear of any advice or changes you think could be made! Please feel free to share ideas! Thanks!



NEWS!!

My sister, Leslie over at Our Joy...His Glory sent me my first award! I'm so excited! Thanks Leslie! The rules for this award are as follows:

1. Post the award. Pretty easy right?

2. Thank and mention the person who gave you the award! Thanks Les!!!

3. Pass the award onto seven blogger whom you think embody the spirit Kreative Blogger Award. Skip to the bottom...

4. Name seven things about yourself that others do not know.

5. Don't forget to notify the seven other bloggers about their award and post a link to their blog. Done.

Ok so here it goes...7 things you don't know about me:

1. I am a Pandora addict. I have close to 75 stations and I listen to them all sporadically. But, the one I listen to the most is my Walt Disney Family station. Whenever I'm alone you can guarantee that it is on. When I think about it Disney is the reason for most of the obsessions I have had in my life. My year and a half obsession with wanting to be a Native American defiantly came from Pocahontas. Why I want my life to be a musical is a direct result of most Disney flicks being filled with song that expresses every aspect of life. For example when I'm cleaning I'm usually doing something like this "When I scrub, scrub, scrub the tub, tub, tub. I hope it doesn't make my hub,hub, hub, fall and bust his bum, bum, bum." It's completely normal behavior to me.

2. Speaking of musicals...My junior year of college my roommates and I had an on-going musical between the three of us called Singspiration. Where we would sing about everything, a lot of times we would incorporate our best opera style voice or the tunes of cheesy Christian songs from our childhood. For example, once my roomie Ethina and I sang about our day to the tune of "Testify to Love" a cheesy 90's Christian song.

E:"How was your day, today"

K: "Mine was fine and how was yours"

E: "It kinda sucked that test was harder and now I've got work"

Right about here our friend Neill would jump in and say "Testify,Testify"

K: "Well with every dish you take think of the money you will make"

E: "So I can stay and go to college, Oh for goodness sake..."

I miss Singsperation.

3. I love carbonated water! I think I get it from my mom she used to drink it all the time when I was growing up. I especially love the bottles that it comes in...pretty green glass bottles! S.Pellegrino is my favorite, in fact I'm having a glass right now.

4. For many years my favorite color has been mint green. I think it is just a refreshing color. But the past few months I have been leaning towards gray. I know...I know...but gray is so...blah. Well, I absolutely love it! I love it so much that J and I talked about putting it in one of our children's names. (WE ARE NOT HAVING CHILDREN FOR A LONG TIME. Just wanted to make that clear) We really like Norah Gray Blackman...it's got gumption! Side note: "she's got gumption" is a favorite line from a favorite movie.

5. I am a candy addict. I am juvenile about it too. It's easier for me to tell you what candy I don't like as appose to telling you what candy I do like. I am really not a fan of sour candies, but I love Lemonheads. Peach-O-Rings and Gummy Bears are a must. Any food-shaped marshmallow candy grosses me out, i.e. a hamburger shaped marshmallow with lettuce, tomato, patty and bun. I wouldn't say I have an all time favorite candy because I genuinly just love the stuff.

6. I am a married, twenty-three year old Nickelodeon fan. I still love the shows from when I was growing up, they were so entertaining. Clarissa Explains it All, Pete and Pete, AHHHH! Real Monsters, Hey Arnold ("Move it Football Head!"), Are You Afraid of the Dark?, Doug (cue theme song now.), Legends of the Hidden Temple, What Would You Do (Josh was slimmed once! How cool is that?)...the list could go on and on. Sometimes I'll look up the show on the Internet and watch a couple of clips. Good memories.

7. My favorite game is Scrabble. I want to download it on my iPod Touch but it is 4.95 and I could almost go by the game and play it physically for that much money. Don't play me. I'll get a triple word score right in your face. I'm serious. Side note: If you ever wanna play please let me know! I'd love to play! haha!

I want to pass the award on to: Lauren over at Over The Rainbow, Brittney Miller over at Areteestic, Amanda at Mitchell Memories (what do ya know Amanda? Your a new blogger and you already have an award!) Ashley at Everyday Blessings, My bestie Hayley at No Whining, My other bestie Brookie at Mike & Brooke and even though I don't know her name, I find here very inpiring so check her out at notebookdoodles. That is all.

1 comment:

  1. pahaha YAAAY FOR SINGSPIRATION
    E
    PS All the colors of the rainbow

    ReplyDelete