Pages

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Spring has Sprung!

Well sort of. J and I spent the weekend routing on his NCAA bracket and screaming over the Kansas loss! But, unlike some parts of the nation that had a nice first day of spring we were stuck with freezing temperatures and a nice white dust of snow on the ground. Kind of a depressing way to start spring. Today, on the other hand, was filled with sun, a tiny bit of warmth and a ride with the windows down, which was exciting! With all the springiness just around the corner; (psss...and my favorite holiday is in two weeks!) I couldn't wait to make a spring mood board, excitement comes in small packages, I guess. 1. These are some fabric swatches I found courtesy of mydeco.com! Terry Fabrics CO. located in the UK distributes these fabrics to lots of local fabric stores in the U.S. Which makes these springy patterns a little bit more accessible over on this side of the pond.
2. This is my favorite spring find! As we all know I love glass and candles so these little bubbles are perfect for me! John Lewis made these adorable hanging votives also found via mydeco.com!
3. For some reason I didn't photo shop a 3 in...silly me...so moving on to #4!
4. I couldn't resist, this really doesn't have a lot to do with interior design, but I adore this umbrella! I've wanted a bubble umbrella for sometime and I had to share! Also, designed by John Lewis this umbrella also comes in variety of nifty colors!
5. Isn't this the coolest beach chair you've ever seen? I thought so. I love the color and I adore the style. Maybe it could hang out on a porch or a deck and while sitting you could imagine you were sitting on the beach? Maybe. (Also by John Lewis)
6. How many times do I have to say it? I don't know...but I love glass!! I love it! To make matters worse I love this piece! I can picture it with some long stem Hydrangeas right now. (Glass piece by Heals)
7. Last but not least, curtains. Wouldn't these curtains brighten up any room? Especially for spring? Not to mention for two panels the price isn't too terrible!
For anyone that is interested, I make my moodboards via mydeco.com (if I haven't mentioned that enough already!) Feel free to swing on over and check it out if your interested in creating your own!
What about you guys? What are some of your favorite spring pieces you've seen out there? What are some of your favorite spring things in general? I'd love to know!! Have a good day everyone!

3 comments:

  1. Love this site! I am in the process of making a mood board as well. Thanks for the tip.
    Graham and I want to do some changes...colors, textures, accessories in the next few months...years!Ha! Long story, I tell you about it when you and Josh visit.
    I may copy cat post this on my blog...Hope you don't mind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was wondering where you made all your awesome moodboards!! thanks for the site ref. Everything looks great!! and congrats on being officially married!! What software do you use to edit your pictures with the quotes and what not?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Les- Go ahead and copy it! Feel free!
    Lauren- Thanks so much! We are excited! I actually use Flickr, it's free and...awesome!

    ReplyDelete