Pages

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Labor day

First of all, the weather was simply wonderful outside today! I enjoyed every second of it. I began my day with a little gift that Josh left behind for me...two full bags of peppermint tea. I love hot tea with toast in the morning and J bought me a huge supply from one of my favorite coffee shops "Somethings Brewing". I can't even tell you how wonderful it is to have a hot cup of peppermint tea in the morning, it's dreamy. Thank you Josh!
J and I are beginning to make plans for our house, we are both big DIYers and enjoy the idea of making and renovating most of our home decor. But, if there is anything we want to buy it is a comfy couch! I am partial to sectionals and I think J is kind of a "whatever as long as it's comfortable" type of guy. Therefore we are constantly on the search for a clean, well-taken care of, sectional! Let me know if you hear of anything, we would really appreciate it!
But, our first big project will be making our headboard! I can't wait to begin, hopefully we will start the next time J is in town. I'll post pictures when we have completed the project, I can't wait to start....I'M SO EXCITED!
Well as you guys all know Labor Day weekend is THIS weekend! This means time for painting, reading, and getting some creative ideas flowing for casa de J and K ( I hope that's right, I took French, not Spanish.) I hope to sit in Barnes and Noble after a day by the river and soak in all things DIY and Home Improvement, if there is anything I love it's turning something old and yucky into something new and pretty...or in our case gender neutral. I plan to attend the following stores this weekend: 1. Goodwill 2. Savers 3. Half of Half 4. Barnes and Noble 5. Target.
Hooray! Lots of fun! Nothing like a day off of school to get plans in order to begin a new home, can't wait!
Here is song that has been playing on my iPod constantly lately, have a good one! Oh! And thanks to everyone for the sweet and kind words about our engagement pics, we are so excited about them!

No comments:

Post a Comment