Pages

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Hair Art

I have become obsessed with the trend for hair pieces. Which is funny because a few days ago, my sister posted about making my niece some cute little clips for her hair. It seems to be the craze and what a fun one it is! So here is a fun and interesting "How-To" making a special hair piece with things laying around the house!

I started with some felt, I quickly sketched some flower petals. Nothing to fancy, plus when you flip them over the ugly black marks won't be seen.

After drawing and cutting the petals out, I picked out a button. Sorry for the fuzzy picture.


Next, begin stitching the flower in, but I also used some hot glue to reinforce the button and keep the petals secure. Beware of hot glue! Ouch!

Voila!!

After finishing the flowers I cut out two other pieces of felt to put behind them, the flowers need something to support them since the headband is so thin. I like to use different patterns and colors for the "support" felt, I think it gives it something a little extra!


Taa Daa!! Then just repeat with the second heart.

Finish product! Hooray!



Here are some extra of the extra things I have made in the past, the feathers are my favorite! Hope you enjoy and I am thinking of making these for sale, so if you would like me to make you one please email me! Have a good day!

3 comments:

  1. They are darling I might just have you make me one! How much you charging?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really don't know yet! I'm kind of up in the air about it! Let's talk! :)

    ReplyDelete