Pages

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Whew! What a break!

I have been separated from the blogging world for far to long! The Christmas season is well underway and slowly but surely this year is coming to an end. I will be getting married in a little under a month and then on a beach vacation! I can't wait to be laying out and enjoying some R&R.
Thanks so much for hanging in there and reading the blog (that hasn't changed in a month). School became a little crazy and I had to make a choice to devote more time to my studies and less time to DIY projects and blogging. I have still managed to squeeze a few in and will be sharing those with you guys. I hope your excited because you know I am!
The "tying the knot" ceremony is just around the corner and I can't wait, I have been dreaming of this day my whole life! But, since it is December and presents come to mind I thought of a Wish List. Back in the day when my blog was a new born I tried to share a wish list once a month. But I started to feel like a big, fat, whiner, "Wha!! I want this!! Wha I want that!" So I nixed it. But, for the sake of all things holly and jolly, why not?!
Now, I am getting the best Christmas ever...I mean ever. So, my wish list is small and I actually don't expect to get any of these gifts. I am getting a wedding and a dream vacation after all! Not to brag, but that sounds like a pretty fantastic Christmas to me!


As nerdy as this is, I love...LOVE Method cleaning products. If you haven't seen them at Tar-jet (check them out here)they are awesome. Fresh and clean AND environmentally friendly. All for a good price. Plus...as shallow as this sounds, the packaging is cute. If your interested click here to head on over to Method's website where they are offering a $2.oo off coupon, just print it out and save!
Seriously, how cute is she? Nobody and I mean nobody sings like Norah Jones, I actually lip-sing to her all the time. I adore her voice and her newest album has recently been released, I saw it at Starbucks and jumped for joy! There is something timeless about good ole' Norah, what a doll? She's got talent!

I have smelled and seen that Vera is good. (Anyone up for a little Biblical humor?) I thought this would be the perfect fragrance to wear all year around. How many times do you get to say, I'm wearing Vera Wang? Well, if you get the perfume, you can say it all the time! That is a plus right?

Finally, my BIG wish...a subscription to Real Simple Magazine. I have fallen head over heels for this magazine over the past couple of months, but sadly the issues are usually read in the check-out line or in Barnes & Noble killing time. This would be an extra bonus every month, plus the tips and ideas are fan-stinckin'-tastic!

My wish-list only has four wishes this year, my wedding and honeymoon are two of my life-long wishes that are being fulfilled and there is nothing else I really want in life. I am thankful for my two, unbelievable Christmas gifts this year! I need or want for nothing!

What about you guys? What are your wishes for this Christmas Season? I'd love to know!

Over Halloween I asked a set of questions to do with the holiday everyday, I really enjoyed reading comments and writing the questions, so I thought, why not for the Christmas holidays? So put on your mittens and turn on Bing Crosby it's way past time to get in the Christmas spirit!

1. When did you start getting bit by the Christmas bug this year?

It really started for me in late October a lot of customers came into the store to paint their Christmas presents. Little snowmen, Christmas tree and reindeer feet and hand prints all over the pottery! Plus, my boss got two Febreeze cinnamon candles and it filled the studio with that Christmas smell we all know and love!

2. Which is better Hot Cocoa or Apple Cider?

I love Apple Cider (or Wassail as my mom calls it). My mom makes it with a gallon of Apple Cider from the grocery store and two bags of Red Hots, it's awesome. My favorite Christmas drink by far.

3. Would you rather meet Rudolph or Frosty the Snowman?

Well they both have songs about them and they both have really interesting features (a red, light-up nose and frankly...Frosty's made out of snow.) but, I think I would go with Rudolph. The reindeer that leads the way? Can't beat that. Plus, there is always the chance meeting the big man in red.

4. Fruit Cake or Egg Nog, which one is more disgusting?

Egg Nog. I have grown up on my Gran's Fruit Cake and let me say it is delicious. I love it. I like it with coffee in the morning right after she's made them. She always makes them for us and sends them to us when we can't be together for the holidays. It's always a nice surprise!

5. Do you have a favorite ornament?

I do. I actually don't own it, but I have always loved the pickle. It's a Christmas tradition for some homes that on Christmas morning the child that finds the green pickle ornament gets an extra present. I always liked it because there is a random pickle everyone is looking for through out the holiday. Always fun for me!

Can't wait for your answers! It's good to be back!

1 comment:

  1. 1. october
    2. hot cocoa
    3. rudolph!! I hear he's a great tour guide.
    4. fruit cake...gross
    5. Every year I collect an ornament line called "Mary's angels"...so all of those!

    SO FREAKIN GLAD YOU'RE BACK!!!

    ps...LOVE real simple magazine!!! I use to sneak a read when I worked at Walgreens but I haven't picked one up since :(

    ReplyDelete