Pages

Monday, January 25, 2010

I'm married now!

I can't believe it! We did it...we tied the knot! I am officially Kelsey Blackman and even though I have warned everyone that posts might become few and far between, please know I am going to try to keep them up the best I can! So far I have been on a honeymoon and finished getting our house together. Which is so exciting!
As some of you might know Josh and I ventured out on the Carnival Victory for a week of exploring the in's and out's of the following islands: St. Thomas, Barbados, Dominica, St. Kitts, St. Maartin, and San Juan. After fulfilling a dream of living on a boat for a week. There are so many reason why our Honeymoon was awesome! In fact, it gave me reason to create Top 10 list. So for this post here are 10-6!

Local jewelry is the best. We spent the whole afternoon in Barbados searching for something "local". I couldn't find anything, I was starting to get discouraged when we found her, our friend Lana. She made me this bracelet right in front of us. I was so pumped to have a m0mento from our trip that was completely unique.


I'm usually not very into "dress-up". I mean, I like to look pretty...I guess, what I'm trying to say is I like to fix my hair and putting on make-up. But, I'm not too into fancy dresses and high heels, I guess I'm more casual. But, on the cruise it was such a blast! Josh and I dressed up (he wore a suit...so handsome :)) for dinner on Tuesday and Thursday. It was Prom...Cruise'n style!

I held a monkey! I did! Yes, that is me and the first time I saw the guy with this little dude, I was scared to death. But, before J and I headed back to the boat in St. Kitts I couldn't turn down a once in a lifetime opportunity. So I held a monkey!

New friends! This is Evan and Lindsey our dinner partners, their from...wait for it...Nebraska! Josh wasn't to mean to them, thank goodness, I didn't want to have to move tables over sports rivalries. Whew.


There are guys like this everywhere! It was so much fun, they are always trying to sell you stuff they've made from palm tree leaves or straw or some other plants they have found on the ground...by the beach. They're preeety hilarious! Top 5 scheduled for tomorrow...stay tuned!
BIG NEWS!!! We have a new addition to the family!

Chill out everybody...goodness, who do you think we are? The Duggars? My lovely sister and brother in law welcomed sweet, little, Edy Rose Hale on January 21,2010. She's healthy and perfect, Josh and I couldn't be more proud of our new niece! We can't wait to meet you sweet girl! Swing on over to Our Joy...His Glory for updates!

2 comments:

  1. Looks like yall had such a fun honeymoon. Hope you're enjoying married life just as much as I do! BTW-your new neice was born on my birthday and I'm happy to share :) its a pretty good day to be born on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw!!! I'm still so happy for you!!! Everything looks great and I really missed reading your blog! congrats on the new hubby, niece, and home! love you! ps. the fact that you called me tonight for a "sheniqua" reference...pretty much made my night! love you!

    ReplyDelete