Pages

Thursday, January 28, 2010

You're a little moody.

I'm sorry this post is a little late today, I didn't have time to prepare a post yesterday. I spent most of the day working with Evernote, (a new managing software I downloaded for FREE!) and learning/playing games with it. A lot more confusing than I thought it would be and it turned out to be quite time consuming. Bummer. Anywho, with Josh and I freshly into our new home, home interior blogs have become my crutch; I enjoy reading them now more than ever. Slowly but surely we are adding things to our house; slowly but surely I assure you. Being on a budget has made us put a lot of our wants and desires for our little abode on hold. But..Aha! There is a way to capture the ideas and keep them until the right time comes! Moodboards.

Interior Designers and Graphic Design artist use them to display there ideas to clients. I had to make a couple for my graphic design class and really had fun. Today, after an invigorating morning of job searching I found mydeco.com, which specializes in helping you put your ideas into physical form. mydeco.com offers moodboards, 3d rooms, and other idea organizers all for free. You heard me...Free!

Since J and I have been putting our home together, I feel that only one room is truly lacking. The living room. With our couch, credenza and TV rounding out the items in that room there is no questions that more furniture is needed. Since J and I live on the cheap and we actually like it, I decided to surf the web for cheap alternatives to help "warm up" our living room...when the budget is ready for it of course. Here it is, my first moodboard! Please let me know your thoughts!

1. Chair- This is a fabric dining chair I have seen around in a lot of stores (Target, Wal-mart, etc.) I thought it could work in a living room. I also like the thought of having a chair in this same style in a pattern? Any ideas? Another plus about this particular chair is that it is...wait for it...cheap!

2. Fabric swatches- Both of these fabric swatches are ideas for throw pillows on our couch. Josh and I lean more towards calm, natural colors and usually don't have a lot of "POP!". I think we need it! I like the yellow, I think it is interesting and fresh, also, it adds just enough pop with out over doing it.

3. Wicker basket- I love wicker baskets, in fact, I have a small collection building. While building this mood board I found a nightstand on Ikea that I thought we could us as a cool end table. I thought this wicker basket would look great on the base of the nightstand/end table. What do you guys think? Click here to check out the night stand. (P.S. I like it because it is modern, it's interesting right? I think small coffee table books would look cool on the top shelf. Thoughts?)

4. Picture frames- I really love these, I think it adds a simple and clean look to pictures. I would like to use these on floating shelves or on the walls. Considering we do not have anything on our walls right now it might be a good idea to start there. Which brings me to number five...

5. Floating shelves- Josh and I actually found these the week we got back from our honeymoon at Tar-jet. We were super excited! We used Christmas gift cards to get these nifty little boogers!

6. Curtains-Eventually, I would like to purchase long sheers for our living room. Right now, curtains could be the last thing we need, mainly because we have those HUGE apartment blinds on our balcony door. The blinds make it practically impossible to hang curtains, which is fine. Just something that will have to wait!

7. Sconces- I loved this sconce when I saw it! Josh doesn't like to admit, but he loves...LOVES candles. We always have all our candles lit at night and I know he would love these wall sconces any day!

I hope my first moodboard was a success! I hope you guys enjoyed viewing it! Seriously, I want to know all your thoughts. I have always enjoyed making a space into a room and I think Josh is really starting to enjoy it too! Yesterday we were discussing possibilities for ottomans and I mentioned maybe we should do something bold and get a patterned or bright colored ottoman. By the way, Josh and I talk in the future a lot with our home decor, none of these totally awesome changes will be happening for a long time! We're living cheap! Anywho, he said "Well Kels, if we do a bright color...well...didn't you hear accent colors are supposed to be done in three's?" I died. I literally could not believe he remembered that! I'm starting to believe that little Josh is really starting to enjoy building our newlywed nest. Can you believe it?

No comments:

Post a Comment