Pages

Sunday, July 5, 2009

Celebrate America

Do you ever feel like your body cannot possibly go on because it is so exhausted? Well, I feel like that today. I had such a wonderful weekend with J and his family, it was such a nice rest. But, question, why does vacation always seem to be so tiring? When I was thinking about all the vacations I have taken in my life I have always come home and crashed. Maybe it is just me, but that seems to be the way it works. Even though, I am tired now, I had such an amazing time with J's family, they were so welcoming and loving. Great way to spend the 4th.


I do have a disappointment though, this whole week, I only got my camera out one time for a quick snap of J and I . I will share that with you guys later on, but I am disappointed that I didn't take any pictures of me conquering my fear of open water, Mrs. Kim's Cajun potato salad, or sweet little Noah and Ryan. I have realized that I am the absolute worst traveling blogger. Anytime I travel I never take pictures, I mean who travels and doesn't take pictures? I guess I do, next trip I will bring back a plethora of pictures. It's a must.


Here's a breakdown of the past week:


Tuesday: 5:15 a.m. beginning my day, leaving by 6:00 a.m. to head to MO. I arrived at about 1:00 p.m. for lunch in the car as J and I headed to Kirksville. J played a quick round of golf with one of his best friends Kyle while I attempted to drive the golf cart. NEWS FLASH: Driving on the green is a major no-no. A quick trip home so J can change and get ready for his softball game, I mean games, at 6. J played two games while I got to hang with my good friend Kendra and her sweet baby Chase. After the games, we finally got to see Mr. Wayne and Mrs. Kim, J and I had a quick dinner then it was off to bed.


Wednesday: Morning about 7:45, cereal, coffee, and TV. Then we did some stuff, but I really can't remember...OH!!! J and I went and got some fireworks! Can you believe I didn't even take pictures of that? J bought me some sparklers (my fav.) while he purchased a 27 dollar explosive that was in the shape of the Terminator's head. Strange. Then dinner with friends and the lighting of fireworks.


Thursday: This was a big day. Mrs. Kim and I went to get pedicures and on the way we stopped by a home interior store to buy one of her friends a house warming present. J has the sweetest mom, she bought me my favorite candle, "Birds of Paradise", mmm so good. Then we tanned and got pedicures, followed by lunch! So much fun! Then I met up with J and we went and watched a movie that he picked out. He really picked it out because he knew I wanted to watch it, he is the best. I appreciate him so much. Anywho we watched "He's Just Not That Into You", J fell asleep, I cried. Then we had an awesome dinner and headed to the ball park for some more softball. Followed by Sonic drinks and fireworks with Chad and Kendra. Then, night-night, we need rest to be ready to leave the next morning for the lake.


Friday and Saturday: Pretty much, relaxing on the lake. J played a round of golf in the rain and I read every Good Housekeeping magazine in the house. We spent the Saturday on and off the lake, but I think we would both admit that we were pretty pooped and ready for nap by the time the weekend was over.


Today I drove home and now I am curled up with my heating pad, laptop, and tea, watching "Catch and Release" go ahead and say it J..."Girlie, you are a creature of habit".


So tell me...What was the best thing about your 4th of July weekend? Fireworks, food, company? I'll end with the top 10 moments of the weekend:


10. Sparklers in J's driveway


9. Beyonce sing along -- "If you like it then you should of put a ring on it!"


8. Chai Latte Shakes.


7. J falling asleep while I watched "He's Just Not That Into You"


6. Cajun potato salad with hot dogs, Cole slaw, veggies, and watermelon


5. Hounds swimming.


4. Getting to talk wedding plans :)


3. Sunday's anyone?


2. Conversations, for example:

J: Are you OK?


me: Yes, I am good. I am the same way I was when you asked me 5 min. ago

J: Really? You seem...

me: Josh, I am good. I swear.

J: You swear?

Then we lock pinkies and kiss our hands.


1. Conquering open water. It's not really conquered just, accomplished.


Here's the picture I promised and a tune from the always wonderful Amos Lee, I got a lot of him this weekend. He is one of J's favorites and I love him too, so good. Btw, if you have time to say a little prayer for me that would be amazing, I am starting my new job and class tomorrow. I'm excited/nervous...more excited than nervous. Have a good day!



Holy Cow! Check these cool cats out! They must be really cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment