Pages

Monday, November 9, 2009

We've got a bad case of Puppy Love.

For as long as I have known Josh he has had a friend closer than any brother or sister for that matter and her name is KC. She is a beautiful golden retriever who is cute as a button, is a good catcher, and loves her belly rubs. Since I've met KC I have longed for a dog for Josh and I to call our own and one for KC to be friends with! We have flipped flopped between Jack Russell Terriers, Golden Retrievers and many other kinds of playful, happy dogs. This is the one, the only, KC. She is too cute and sweet! I mean who wouldn't want a dog when this is the face you see everytime you go to see your future family? I know I want one. It always seems that I hear people say, "Oh, Don't get a dog, they are so much work and you have to clean up after them." Honestly, I don't think I'd mind. Ever since J and I have decided that one day....long down the road...when we can afford a dog (I want to stress that, there is no way we could afford to take care of a dog and ourselves right now. No way.) we want one, we have looked at different breeds and I think we have come to a conclusion. We're not ones for "yappy" dogs or prissy dogs; more like playful, fun, sweet, and loving dogs. Introducing...the hopefully sooner rather than later member of the J and K Blackman clan:The GOLDENDOODLE! To me, there is no denying how cute they are as pups! So sweet awww! I can't get over how much it looks like a golden retriever but has curly hair. Josh and I both want a girl, I was surprised but he said girl dogs are sweeter than boy dogs, so we should go with a girl. I agree. We wouldn't make this descicion without any research, we do want to be good pet parents. So after researching Golden Doodles this is what we found, I will say we were worried about the Golden Doodle being more like a Poodle rather that a Golden Retriever. But, none the less, this is what we found.
  • The Goldendoodle does not shed
  • The breed can get into micheif if left alone for most of their lives...but, who can't?
  • They are hypo alerginic
  • Loving dogs, who are loyal to their owners and sweet to their familes.
  • Great with people and visitors
  • Funny and happy, loves to play!

We were so satisfied and excited to know that the dog we desire is not a hiper, crazy, fool dog like the one I had as a child...(PJ, may he rest in peace.) Instead, Goldendoodles are better more like KC, less like PJ. Hooray! What about you guys? Any puppies taken over your hearts? I know J and I are pretty much in love.

2 comments:

  1. I hate when people say dont' get a dog for those reasons...I'm not kidding when I say Snoopy filled a void in my heart...I love that dog more than anything--she is my child. Good luck in your future puppy hunt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aaron and I got a dog a few months after we got married and have never regretted it. We love Belle so much and she has added so much to our lives. I say go for it! The goldendoodle looks absolutely adorable. Keep us updated! -Laura Wilder

    ReplyDelete