Pages

Sunday, November 8, 2009

Whoa! Cool Finds!

Lots of R&R this weekend and LOTS of web surfing. One of my favorite things to do! I went through many of my most-visited websites gathering inspiration for Chateau De Blackman that is fastly approaching becoming a reality, I can hardly keep up! So far...I think we have a little bit more furniture than we thought we were going to at the beginning, which I am thankful for! Hallelujah! But, I love being inspired and picturing J and I putting things together...together! He is kind of a handy man, so I know deep down in the bouls of his soul, he likes it too. Take a look at some of my finds!
Yes, this is a world map and no I'm not kidding. I have been searching, for what seems like forever to find J and I an 18 X 24 world map for one of our ideas for a DIY art project...hopefully we can show you once we are in our home. But, J told me to check out allposters.com and low and behold...there it was, Hoooo-ray! I am so excited, I hope to order it soon, and I can't wait it will add a nice, cheap, and DIY art touch to our home.
Dosen't this belong in a fairy tale some where? I think so. Picture it in a little girls room while she bounces around to the Wiggles...hmmm...sounds like a little girl I know! This was found on IKEA and was to interesting to pass up! What are the odds of a Dandilion ceiling light? Well, I am thankful that IKEA made it possible for us to enjoy!
I have fallen, completly and utterly in love with these little guys! They are Dryer Pillows made by The Lavendar Road, found on Etsy. For $15.00 you get a pack of 3 pillows that will last longer than any dryer sheets. Yes, they are reusable and yes, you'll be doing the environment a favor by not using 2 dryer sheets per cycle. Honestly, I use 3 or 4, so I would be doing the environment a HUGE favor. Plus, they are made using real scents, for example, these are actually filled with lavendar, not sprayed with a fragrence. Pretty cool, huh? This was probably my favorite find of the weekend!
Since, our future room is the following color scheme: light blues, creams, white, silver, brown, and a touch of green here and there, I adored the sconces from the get go. As seen here and here, I love candle light, and what a perfect way to add some to our room. I found the sconces after doing a little sniffing around on Z Gallerie, they were pretty reasonably priced. But, I do also see a possible DIY that could happen from finding some sconces at a garage sale, Wal-Mart or Target.
Another fantastic IKEA find, the Linus Chair. I picture this sitting in front of my of the future, refinished, desk that I had for most of my childhood. I can't wait! This was my second favortie find for the weekend. I think it's silver legs are fresh; plus, I like wicker. A lot of people discourage having any wicker furniture, but I like it, especially this chair.
Finally, a little personal want that has nothing to do with DIY or appartment building.

Lisa Leonard is a jewlery designer who makes really interesting and one of a kind pieces. Ofcourse, I wouldn't want a necklace that says "Henry", mainly because I know no one whose name is Henry. Her designs were so new and creative that it was hard to narrow down my favorite. I loved her braclettes and her necklaces, but this necklace was my favorite. I thought it would be neat to put 01-09-10 on a necklace someday. To cheesy? I thought so.
Shoot on over to any of these sites for new and interesting home pieces, designs, and of course, jewlery.
One last note, keep it up AG your doing great becomming a "Big Girl"! I'm so proud of you! I know your Bobby and Daddy are too!!

1 comment:

  1. Definitely some great finds! I particularly like the dryer pillows. I am thinking of doing those for some stocking stuffers this year. Thanks for the idea. I had never heard of them before your post.

    On a quick side note...New Moon!!!!! AAAAaahhhhh!!! I cannot wait...so close... :) I wish I could see it with you :( sniff-sniff

    Yay for your shower this weekend...I am working on yalls present and will bring it to the wedding. Have had fun with this project.
    Any who...love you.

    ReplyDelete