Pages

Monday, November 2, 2009

Who dosen't love frosting?

If you remember last week when I was getting Boo-Fest 2009 together, I purchased two glass cylinders for about 3 dollars a piece. Remember? If not, click here for a little refreshment. I wanted to find a way to use these cylinder's all year around, of course I could just put a little votive in them and they would still be just as pretty. But, I wanted to add a little something extra.

A few months ago I was helping my mom clean her house, while I was cleaning the bathroom I noticed these two really cute frosted, blue, glass candle cylinders. I loved them. The frosted glass made the light from the candles look so pretty and soft. Since then I have been searching all over interior stores, Target, Wal-Mart, and Garden Ridge in hopes of finding something similar to my mom's. When it hit. DIY project! Hooray! Why not take a little Armour Etch and frost the glass cylinders from Boo-Fest? What a penny saver?! If your not familiar with my first round at etching glass take a look here.


Anywho, Armour Etch has become one of my new friends. Thank you Armour Etch, I owe you one!


Gotta love it.


The process is really simple, but I must warn you, Armour Etch's smell is pretty stout so be ready; also, follow the warning label pretty closely. It seems like it could have some pretty long lasting effects if it comes in contact with your eyes. Other than that, this little jar does the trick!


These were the cylinders before, pretty? Yes. But, I wanted to kick it up a notch.


This is the after, when all the lights are out this is exactly what they look like! I am very satisfied. Instead of taping off boundaries and removing letters, this time I just applied two generous coats of Armour Etch and let the cylinders dry. Horray for a FREE DIY!


What do you think? I think it really adds something to the room, plus after J and I get married I think it will be a nice addition to the kitchen table, the bathroom, end table, bed side table, desk, bar...the list could go on! Have you done any interesting DIY projects lately?


One major DIY I would love everyone to check out is my new niece, Edy Rose's, nursery. My sister did an amazing job and it is too cute. I got to see it in person this weekend and it was darling! Shoot on over to Our Joy...His Glory for a closer look!

1 comment:

  1. Oooooo...I likey...but seriously, looks great!! And free...what could be better!

    ReplyDelete