Pages

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Illuminating Treats

3 days and counting until that Oh so dreadful, scare-ificul, fear-cinating day! Hooray for rotted teeth, sugar highs...and hangovers, toilet paper mummies and vampire teeth. I cannot believe how excited I am for Halloween! And with my itty-bitty room looking especially Halloween fabulous this year, it just puts me more in the spirit! As seen here and here I have been adding little "spookties" around my apartment for a complete Boo-Fest for the 31st! For my final touch I added these glass cylinders that were el' cheapo ($2.99) and filled them with yummy Halloween candy! I have to refrain from eating all the candy corn or I will go into sugar overload!

All of these "spookties" were done without spending tons of money and time. They were simple and easy! Out of all of this year's Boo-Fest decorations this had to be the easiest. Find some candle cylinders you like, pour candy in them, place a votive inside. Seriously, that easy. It looks really nice in the dark and it smells a-maz-ing.
I can't wait for all the hocus pocus, toil n' trouble, and monster mashing to begin! With that in mind how about another round of Halloween questions?!

1. Any interesting Halloween stories to tell, anything spooky, funny, romantic, or just plain weird happen to you on All Hallows Eve?

A few of my Halloweens were spent at my parents church where there was a costume contest for all the kids. My mom was a busy lady and most of our costumes were last minute, so one year I was a last minute book worm. I will say that my book (The Cat in the Hat) looked awesome as did my costume, very creative. But, I had bad vision, (still do) and part of my costume was wearing green pantie hose over my head an my glasses on top of them. I remember I couldn't see anything and kept running into things and falling down. Well at the very end of the night the leaders would go through each age group and give prizes to the top three costumes. I didn't win. I started crying and the pantie hose on my face were soaking wet, I couldn't breath, and my glasses were just plain obnoxious. Needless to say, my costume rocked but, I didn't take losing well.

2. Witches or Warlocks? Which magic person of the dark side is scarier?

Witches. It's girls! Witches are always eating children, and putting toes in their brew. Weird and scary!

3. For all the former braces wearers out there, how did Halloween effect the orthodontic process?

I remember I was ter-i-ble on my braces, it's why I had them so long. I remember one year I came into an orthodontic appointment the week after Halloween and I had broken two bands of my braces. I thought my doctor was going to kill me.

4. Any Halloween dances that blew your socks off?

Not really, I can remember my friends Julia and Lance having a dance in the 7th grade for their birthday party in September but it wasn't Halloween. So no.

5. What is your favorite Halloween song?

Purple People Eater wins in my book! "He was a one eyed, one horned, flying purple people eater"

I can't wait to read your answers! Keep posting on the other to post which are linked above!



BIG NEWS! My good friend Lauren over at Over the Rainbow has a little puppy named Snoopy that has been bestowed a great honor! Lauren and I both love the Petersik's over at Young House Love we read there blog religiously. Well their little pup is looking for love and so he is holding his own Bachelor search, the K-9 way. Lauren's sweet, little, Snoopy has been picked as a finalist and we are all cheering her on! So if you have time, drop a note of adoration for Snoopy over at Hamburger's House, Buger's (the Petersik's dog) blog. We want our Arkansan friends to keep winning, we can't stop with Kris Allen!

1 comment:

  1. first: LOVE the candy Idea!!!!!! so so so so so cute!!!! I'm doing that tomorrow!!

    now to the questions: (this is fun btw!)
    1. nothing interesting....yet.
    2. witches for sure...never underestimate the power of a woman with a chip on her shoulder.
    3. as far as my braces...my DAD effected that..i didn't get all my candy...luckily I don't care for it that much!
    4. not yet...i'm going to one friday!!!
    5. Thriller of course!!! :)

    Last (and most importantly!) THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR ALL YOUR SUPPORT KELS!!! You're seriously so sweet! and thank you for all the sweet comments (i teared up with i read my blog post) love you!

    ReplyDelete