Pages

Sunday, October 4, 2009

Don't be so caddy.

As I have mentioned before I love DIY projects and I love...LOVE art supplies. I know it sounds crazy to have an obsession for colored pencils and oil pastels, but what can I say...I am a nerd. My minor turned me this way, I swear, it was not by my own doing. Well for the past few weeks I have been wanting to have my basic supplies sitting at arms length, hands length really, for easy access. Introducing the newest and easiest DIY project do date, my art caddy!




I bought this little tray at Wally World yesterday. It was in the craft section where most of the wood projects are. All it needed was a couple of coats of paint and voila! An art caddy. Plus, after tax the cost rounded out to be about $5.00, cheapo!


Ok, everyone should now know that I love mason jars. I use them for tons of things, but mainly storage. I thought using mason jars would be a good way to store and separate all the doodle devices I own. Believe me, I wish it was more, you should see my boss's stash.



Next, I added the supplies. Colored pencils, Sharpies and Sharpie Fine Point markers ( I love sharpies.), scissors, brushes, drawing pencils, paint pens, and good ole' classic Crayola markers. Gotta love em'!



It is finished, Hooray! Now my supplies sit right next to my computer so I can start doodling as soon as the mood strikes. This honestly, even though it was super easy, has been one of my favorite DIY projects!

No comments:

Post a Comment