Pages

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Cute as a Button!

I do love felt, but one thing that I love to incorporate is using buttons! In fact, if you haven't seen Coraline yet and you like buttons, you should! Anywho, I had the desire to learn how to make my own buttons and after a little research I found a tutorial on buttons, DIY style. So here it goes.
I started with checking out different brands of clay Fimo clay seemed to be the best and they sell it in tons of colors at Hobby Lobby for pretty cheap, I went for white (because you can paint it), pink, and red...with sparkles. I also bought a ruler made for punching holes through clay and a pointer to put the holes through the buttons. Everything rounded out to be about $8.00 and I used some of my birthday money so it was more of a gift!



Flattening the clay can be a task, it's pretty tough. But after you lay it out, use the rounded ruler to cut out the circles for your buttons.

Next, use a needle point to make the button holes, make sure to work the holes through the back side of the button.


Next, bake the buttons in a 230 degree oven for 30 min.

Then remove them and try to ignore the smell, it is a little stinky.




Hooray! Buttons!

No comments:

Post a Comment