Pages

Sunday, October 11, 2009

Wacky, Wonderful, Weekend!

I had such a blast this weekend with my mom, J and his whole family! I couldn't have asked for a better birthday!
Thursday I was running and ranting around trying to get everything together for my mom and I before we left. When I got off work I got a call from the school saying I had a package waiting on me. It was flowers from sweet Josh, they got to me on my birthday and it was such a great surprise! I love flowers and Josh did a wonderful job picking out the most beautiful Gerber Daisies. They're sitting on my night stand, smelling up my room! Gotta love fresh flowers, thanks Josh! I love you always!

My mom came to pick me up on Thursday afternoon so that we could head to Branson to relax before making the big drive to Kirksville,MO on Friday. We laughed and listened to the "Wicked" soundtrack, which I knew every word to and I'm sure annoyed my mom. I love my mom she's a great road trip buddy, never a dull moment! Here's the weekend round-up! Total, my mom drove 20 hours this week, I helped some of the way but, my mom wanted to drive so we could get there and back faster. I drive a little slow. Mom, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you for your loving spirit and joy this weekend! It made the trip so much fun and I am so glad you could be there, you made it so perfect for me! Here is me and my mother with one of my birthday presents, an apron from Josh's grandmother, thank you so much! It is too cute!


My apron says "You'll eat it...and you'll like it." So cute!

On Saturday Josh and I had a big day at the shower we had in Kirksville, Thank you to everyone who came! Thank you so much for welcoming me, I feel so blessed. Here are a couple of pictures from the shower, it was a blast!

Josh and I before the shower, I'm wearing my birthday gift from Josh in this picture. He is so amazing, I have to brag on him! Flowers were enough, plenty! But, the watch he gave me was too much! Thank you Josh for always being so kind and loving to me! I have wanted a Griffin and Cooke watch for so long and you have fulfilled my dream! haha! By the way, check out Griffin and Cooke watches here. They're so cute, or at least I think so!


This is Josh and I during the shower, who know what I am doing.
I think Josh was tyring to cheer me up here, this was right before my mom and I headed home and I was pretty depressed. If you notice, I am wearing a big warm coat, that was because it was 32 degrees in Kirksville all weekend, I don't know how I am going to handle Missouri winter when it is already 32 degrees in early October. I guess we will have to see!
Thanks to everyone for all my bday goodies - watch, coat, slippers, lotion, socks and foot lotion, perfume, jewelry, and apron! It was too much, you guys are so amazing! Also, thanks for an amazing shower, Josh and I are too blessed to have all of you in our lives! Mom, you're amazing! I had so much fun this weekend!
I'm sorry there was no Monday DIY post, but I am planning on posting one tomorrow that I prepared last week. Tell me how your weekend went! I sure hope you had a blessed one! Until next time!

1 comment:

  1. Enjoyed the read, glad you had a great time!!! Really like the apron. One of my favorite women used to always tell me, "God made it, I cooked it, and you're gonna eat it." :)

    ReplyDelete