Pages

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Inspired by linen spray?

I'm not an artist. I wish I was in the worst way; I love painting, drawing, graphic design and working in a pottery studio 9 months made me adore pottery painting. Still, my "talent" level is low. I would love to be one of those people who can whip out great works in no time...a "Bob Ross" if you will. Sadly, no. I did indulge myself a little in college with my minor being in Studio Art, which gives me the cred's to be a pre-school, kindergarten, special education and 1st-3rd grade art teacher (which I would love). Still our home isn't filled with my own work and it never will be. However, recently I got inspired by a linen spray bottle. Inspiration can come in any package right?My dear friend, Hayley, got me the most wonderful Linen Spray as a wedding gift; I literally use it everyday. One the side of the bottle was the company's stamp, I had been admiring the stamp for a couple of weeks and decided to tweek it and make it my own for a little spice in our very bare living room. After a couple of rough sketches and a couple of size modifications this is what I got.Again. I am NOT an artist. I know it's not great, but I thought this little piece could be a cheap fix to a bear wall. Altogether this work cost J and I:
  • Paper: Free! One of my sketch pads left over from college
  • Pens: Free! Left over from my on-going Sharpie obsession
  • Frame: $9.99 from Tar-jet
  • Grand total: $10.73...technicall it was free, Target gift card, yay!

Josh really liked it, which I was glad. He thought it looked like the label for a beer bottling company, so if we ever decide to bottle our own beer we will use this as our stamp. I don't see that being on the horizon, but you never know.

Cheap art, gotta love it!

1 comment: