Pages

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Order By Numbers: What's under the kitchen sink?

This is one of my favorite parts of our kitchen! It's my domain, anything and everything I could want to keep our crib running smoothly chills here. J knew my love for cleaning supplies long ago, so when we moved in he shared with me all of his Earth loving cleaning supplies from his old apartment, which, by the way, were all full...hmmm? We then proceeded to scrub and clean our little place while listening to his "Ridunkulous and Bald" mix on his iPod (consisting mainly of old, washed-up, R&B artists and songs...it's a lot of fun!). It's one of my favorite memories! I thought I'd share how we fit all of THAT into this tiny cabinet.1. Cleaning supplies: Natural Source glass and all purpose cleaner, great stuff, it comes highly recommended. Disinfecting wipes, Drain-o, leftover cabinet paper (what is pictured above is not the same for all the other cabinets.), trash bags, Swiffer dusters and sponges. Hint: Anything extra J and I accumulated, i.e., extra trash bags, paper towels, Febreeze, cleaning supplies; are pushed to the back of the cabinet. Easy to get to without taking up space towards the front.
2. Extra hand soap: This is going to sounds crazy but, when I open my cabinet and see the new soap waiting to be used, it's exciting. I mean...really...exciting.
3. Recognize this? It's the room spray that inspired me here! Easily accessible.
4. Swiffer Wet Jet Pads: With the kitchen and bathroom floors being so small, a mop is needed twice a week. SWJP are great! Hello Swiffer, Free Promotion! I swear by these little guys, quick and easy!
5. Light Bulbs: Pet peeve #243 - Not being able to find light bulbs. When I was in high school I had an obsession...I mean obsession with accent lighting. I had tons of lamps and lights in my room all giving a certain effect that I thought was awesome. It was always a big joke around the house that I would go and look for light bulbs and my dad would hide them or make me ask him for one just so he could lecture me about leaving my lights on. That whole scenario didn't seem funny then, but it is hilarious now!
6. Dust Buster: I'll be honest, I thought these guys were out of date but sweeping daily has given my Dust Buster and I a time to bond. I stored the charger in the back of the cabinet for easy access and a quick boost of energy for my friend.
7. Kitchen Towel Drawer: I wanted my kitchen towels to stay clean (they are mostly white) and with all of the drawers being taken I need a place to put them. This drawer was one I had left over from college and it works perfectly. All of my towels plus a couple of magic erasers and a drain stopper are here and out of the way.
It's nice to open the kitchen cabinet and not have cleaning supplies, towels, garbage bags and dusters fall everywhere! I have a no chaos policy! That I don't seem to stick to most of the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment