Pages

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Is my laundry room safe?

J and I have had many humorous moments living here, we love it! First, down the hall we have a neighbor who loves...LOVES R&B music, particularly Brian Mcknight. Don't get us wrong, if anyone has an appreciation for R&B music, we do! Often our neighbor we'll announce his presence in the building by singing at the top of his lungs. Usually a song about dedicating his love to a woman he's scorned, we crack up everytime. The poor guy doesn't even know that he has a terrible voice. I just know one day we will be watching American Idol and there will be our neighbor, singing his little heart out!
We also have neighbors that are Hispanic and are always playing music! We laugh because we don't understand a word but we know they are getting down to the tunes in their apartment. Strange side note: They also leave all of their shoes in the hall. Strange.
But the strangest part of our living community is the laundry room. It's in a gutted bottom level apartment and the machines aren't up to par. Plus, to wash your clothes it will cost you a whopping $1.50 per load to wash and the same to dry. It stinks! Since I have reverted back to paying for clean clothes I have been keeping my eye out for a dream washer and dryer! Josh and I won't be purchasing one for a long time, but it is nice to shop!This would be a nice addition in the future! I saw this spectacular piece of modern technology in Home Depot last Sunday, I didn't have time to stand and stare then so here are a few fun facts about this hopeful member of the Blackman clan.
1. Maytag Performance Series 4.1
2. Super size capacity
3. Clean washer cycle with Affresh ( I really don't know what this is but it sounds awesome.)
4. Sensor-controlled suds detection
5. Using this on fabrics will eliminate 99.9% of household bacteria
Is it not amazing! I think so! When J and I are 45 we hope to own one of these, maybe a little sooner! Fingers crossed! For now we will gratefully keep our sketch laundry room and our quirky neighbors!

No comments:

Post a Comment