Pages

Friday, February 19, 2010

What's yours' really isn't mine.

J and I have been married for a little over a month and we are loving it. Honestly, we are not lying! We are still settling in and learning "how to live life together" as J would say. As we are embarking on this thing called "married life" I have noticed a lot of separations in our house; a lot of His' and Hers' if you will. It's actually funny how quircky J and I are about our certain...places, items, and belongings that are distinctly mine and distincly his!

1. Our coat rack- J distinctly uses one side and I distinctly use the other. Funny? Btw, see J's new hat? V-day present!

2. Towels-J uses white, I use tan. We decided this was a better match because I have make-up residue on my face when I get out of the shower. Hence, no make-up stains on our soft, white towels. (J loves them) Side note: J and I are totally cool with this staying a personal use only thing. Using the same towel, not our style.

3. Coffee Table Books- Mine, can you guess it? The Visual Miscellaneum is mix and match of random facts, charts, maps, numbers, recipes, etc. designed by a graphic designer in a new, often times funny and interesting way. Josh? His book is the 50th Anniversary of Sports Illustrated, which actually was a gift from me, should of got an Anne Levobitz book...just kidding! Maybe...
4. Our loofahs- J stuck to the very masculine, black (I really tried to beef this up because I wasn't sure if it is consider "metro" to use a loofah); while I chose a very girlie turquoise loofah in the shape of flower.
5. Tooth brushes-They both look the same, but we DEFINITELY do not share.

6. Daily Tray- J and I drop our keys, iPods, phones, wallets and change in this tray...but again, he has his and I have mine. We're happy that way, except when I sometimes put my stuff in J's part of the tray; he corrects me...lovingly!
7. Thermoses- Last but not least our coffee thermoses! J and I love our coffee in the morning; our mugs sit right next to the coffee pot and every morning we fill them on our way out the door. Well actually, we've only been doing that since Sunday because those were our Valentine gifts to each other. J's is the not-so-stainless steel and mine fools the eye into thinking I've bought a fresh cup of coffee every morning! Thanks hubs!

1 comment: