Pages

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

New Awleans

Oh how I love the city of New Awleans, it so beautiful. For spring break my BCM took a trip down to work with Habitat for Humanity, it was amazing! The culture in New Orleans is so warm and loving. My favorite thing about the city is that everyone calls you "baby", it makes for a really nice welcome. For example, when we were at a doughnut shop the lady said "What you want baby?" I absoulutly loved it. Here are some pictures from the trip and a few places to stop and eat. (you can't go to New Orleans without eating lots and lots of classic cajun food, it would be insane.) Have a lovely Tuesday!


The Punisher. Yes, I worked this saw for half a day by myself. Well, I was proud.

The top of the house we worked on, isn't the sky pretty?
Our whole group in the black, New Awleans mud.


On our way out for our last night in the city.

Brooke, making fun of me.


Places to eat:

Zeke's: Good times! Great food! Divine sweet potato fries!

II Tony's Resturant: Amazing food, bring your appetite! I would recomend the Crab Cake Po Boy and Potato Salad, the best I have ever had.

Great Coffee:

You can't go to the French Quarter without vising Cafe Du Monde! You must go, I recommend a Cafe O Lait and Biegnets. Heaven.

Also, Rue De La Course, amazing atomosphere, beautiful struture, simple lovely. My Rasberry Tea was delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment