Pages

Saturday, June 20, 2009

L'armoire

My last post was a good look into "My Space" but, I wanted to let you guys in on how I keep this place running like a well oiled (picture me saying this in my southern Arkansas accent) machine. To be honest, I lot of my orgazination ideas come from my sister. She is pratically the queen. But, I have to admit, I love a good organized space, what am I saying, I love an organized anything. For example, my back pack, here is an scenario that happened this semester between a professor and myself.

Dr. Rucks: One of you guys got a pencil?
Me: Yes sir, I do.
I put my messengar bag on the table and open the flap to reveal my pens, pencils, and highlighters, all in their own place.
Dr. Rucks: Whoa! Hold on! WE have an OCD on her hands! Wow, that's organized.
Me: It's just easier that way.
Dr. Rucks: Sure, sure.
Elyse: Kelsey's bag always looks like that.

This is the story of my life, or my life beginning in high school. It really didn't become a lifestyle until I matured a little bit. Following a great example, my sister's, has made me a pretty organized, clean person.

I hope you can use some of these methods I have developed in the past 5 or 6 years. Let me know what you think!

Today, I'll introduce you to my closet. Since I have such a small closet I have to make sure I use the space to it's full ablitly, it occured to me that the best way to do it would be...let's say it all together now...ORGANIZATION!!! Yay!



So, I learned a few years ago that keeping clothes organized by color is certainly the best policy for me. It makes things quick and easy in the morning. Obiviously, I love light colors, pastels and whites...I know I need to expan my clothing selection, but I am not quite that brave. Anywho, basically I keep my summer and winter tops here; although, most of my clothes are season trasitional, so that's a plus. Light sweaters, and heavy sweaters are here also. Again, easy to find and grab during the morning rush.



Here's a great tip my sis taught me just a few months ago and she's completly right! Using all the same color hangers keep, the closet looking nice and neat. It's true! Multi-color hangers floating in the closet make's for an unorganzied feel, all white really changed everything for me. Thanks sis!




This is what I hope to buy for J and me to stalk our closets with. These are so nice and they are only 3.95 for a pack of 8 at Ikea. I think these are an excellent investment in the long run.


Ok, this I know looks cramped, but there is a complete method here. As I said before, matching hangers make your closet look nice and neat, but I ran of white hangers along time ago. So this has been my compromise for the duration. If you can see the two clearing hangers infront of the clothe hangers those hold my skirts, color coded of course. Followed by clothe hangers holding my party dresses. These dresses cost me a little bit more money so I decided to give them a little extra care. Followed by the rest of my dresses, which are on a hanger that matches the color of the dress. Followed by my blazers and leather coat my dad gave me. Followed by two winter, puffy, vests on matching hangers and my winter coats on black hangers. The one orange lone hanger in the back is my rain coat, from Jr. High cheerleading, my umbrella also hangs on that hanger. It keeps things simple, plus, that rain coat is amazing, I never get my clothes wet when it rains!





This is my shoe bag, I got it at Wal-Mart for 3.00 and it has been an amazing help! Shoes are organized by amout of use, from constantly worn to not so much. If you can see behind the shoe bag there are some dresses. These are my floor lenth dresses and need the most room to breath, so they usually stay back there and hang as long as they need to!


These little beauties have been with me since my freshmen year of college. Yes, they were senior gifts when I graduated. I wish I didn't have as much laundry as I do or I would use these guys for laundry. But, they are great pant storage. I don't believe in hanging pants. Maybe I don't believe in it because I do not have the room, but I have learned if you folding pants really crisp, makes wrinkles few. The second basket holds sweats and work out shorts. Which I am running low, most of my running shorts are in the hamper. Can you say laundry?






Praise the Lord for Tupperware drawers! The have been a life saver! The top two drawers are filled with tshirts, I am an avid t-shirt wearer. The third drawer is filled with sweat shirts.





These two baskets hold my purses, they are again, orgainzed by color. On top of them are my totes and travel bags. Can you see my bee luggage tag? I love it! I have an obsession with bee's every since Pushing Daises entered my life.








Sorry for the terrible picture but, this is the other side of the top of my closet. The striped canvas box is filled with my wither hats, scarfs, and gloves. Followed by my wellies, and a few pairs of high-heels that I own. Heels aren't really my style, but I do still own a few pairs.






Here a few intersting things, or atleast I think so, that you can find in my closet. I love...LOVE my little, snow man slippers. They are amazing and comfy. I got them last winter and can't wait to put them on my feet this winter. I like this green bag. Original. But, I couldn't tell you where I got, I just like it. That white, little, mesh bag? Yea that's a Vera Bradley golfing glove. Thanks Katy!And finally, my Whoopie Cushion Halloween costume. Good times!


Thanks so much for sticking with me this whole time! Let me know what you think! What do you do to keep your closet nice and organized? Have a nice Saturday!


























































































































































































































































































































No comments:

Post a Comment