Pages

Thursday, June 11, 2009

What's My time?

I love running. Running has been apart of my life since I was in Jr. High when I had my first track and field expirience, followed by 2 years of cross country and track and field at the highschool level. I would have ran for 3 but I tore my ACL my junior year of high school. It was lame. I also ran two years at CBC and really enjoyed running collegiate cross country. While I was at CBC I really developed a passion for running, it became more than a sport but a very pleasurable time during my day. Do you guys like to run? What's an activity you can't get enough of?
Well for the past few weeks I have been looking for some replacements. I have been an Asics girl since the 7th grade. Hey...when you find something you love, why change? Well the good ole' brown Asics are starting to wear and tear, I have had them for 2 years and they have alot of miles on them. So it's time for some new kicks...quitting a pair of running shoes is like a break up. It always makes me sad, I have put alot into these shoes and now, I have to go and find some other pair to work. I am just not "ok" about it. Check these bad boys out!


The Gel Speed Star 3 - made for people like me who don't absorb shock from the trail/road/track very well. Excellent shoe, really sleek. Plus, who wouldn't take a runner seriously wearing these? They seem pretty intense to me.








Introducing the Gel Trail Attack - and I quote "Designed to meet the needs of runners who prefer to take their run off road." What can I say? I love this shoe! First and foremost, "ATTACK" is in the name of the shoe. It gets me pumped just thinking about it. Next, the laces are saweett! Plus the colors are pretty amazing! This shoe is perfect for me, a trail runner. I love it!



I am torn between the two, I absoultly love and adore both of these little babies, advice? I'd love to know what you think! Here is one last goodie I have been dying to get!



I have been using my same Nike headband since high school...I need a new one, I only where them in the summer, my forehead sweats alot, and as funny as these look, they really help!
I love running quotes here are few inspirational quotes from some of the greats!
"It hurts up to a point and then it doesn't get any worse." - Ann Trason
"Running is my church." - Joan Van Ark
"Running is a big question mark that's there each and every day. It asks you, "Are you going to be a wimp or are you going to be strong today?" - Peter Maher
"Alot of people run a race to see who is the fastest. I run to see who has the most guts." - Steve Prefontaine
These people are some of the most dedicated runners in history, I love their passion and dedication to the race and the run. I hope to continue being a runner for the rest of my life, I couldn't imgaine my life without it.
Here is a nike commerical that came out last summer, I prefer Asics to Nike, but Nike has a great advertising department! Such a cool commercial! Have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. Ok, so I love Asics too and those shoes are awesome! The Gel Speed Star 3's have especially caught my eye. I am really liking the color too. I am in need of some new running shoes too...who knows when they will be replaced though.

    ReplyDelete